We are currently looking for a Part Time Pianist/Accompanist. The job description is below. Interested applicants can mail or e-mail their resume to:
Address: 129 Centre Church Road, Mooresville, NC 28117
Attn: Administrative Assistant
POSITION TITLE: Pianist/Accompanist
POSITION STATUS: Part Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The individual is a skilled pianist/accompanist (herein called the Musician) who is employed on an independent contractor basis. The Musician will play for Sunday morning worship services, weekly choir rehearsals, special services (Christmas Eve, Good Friday, etc.) and, on an as needed basis, one additional rehearsal during the week. The Musician reports to the Worship Leader and works with the Worship Team which is overseen by the Worship Committee Elder and the Pastor. The Musician must have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and sign a statement of faith as provided by Centre Church.
The philosophy of music at Centre Church is to glorify God while teaching the congregation theologically and biblically sound hymns and spiritual songs.
- Ability to play classic and modern hymns and songs, piano arrangements, and choir anthems of moderate difficulty.
- Ability to play the organ for occasional musical pieces.
- Versatility in how a particular hymn or song is played at the request of the worship leader.
- Ability to play collaboratively with other instrumentalists.
- Experience with and basic knowledge of church music.
- Understanding and familiarity with blended worship (incorporating different musical traditions into the worship service).
- Flexibility, sight-reading, and improvisation abilities.
- Ability to read sheet music, chord charts and lead sheets.
- Ability to accompany a variety of vocalists and instrumentalists.
- Possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and work well with others.
- Weekly Church Service (9:30am to ~11:45am Sunday mornings). Sunday morning worship begins at 10:30am and ends at approximately 11:45am. Rehearsal with the worship leader, choir warm-ups, sound check, and other preparatory activities begin promptly at 9:30am. Prelude music prior to the service begins at 10:20am. Postlude music at the end of the service will last approximately 3-5 minutes. The Musician is responsible for the selection, preparation and playing of appropriate service music including prelude, postlude, offertory, and music during the distribution of The Lord’s Supper which is celebrated the first Sunday of the following months; February, April, June, August, October, and December.
- Weekly Choir Rehearsals (4:00pm to 5:15pm Sunday afternoons). The Musician is required to arrive at 3:50pm. The choir typically sings in the morning worship service twice per month and leads a special program during the month of December for Christmas.
- Additional Special Services are as follows; Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, Tenebrae (Good Friday), and two 5th Sunday hymn-sing events (one in the spring and one in the fall). These may vary from year-to-year.
- Additional weekly rehearsals (typically on a weeknight or Saturday morning for 1 – 1 ½ hours) as required to accompany upcoming special music. This may not be required every week, but the Musician is expected to be available if needed.
- Self-practice time as required to maintain a high quality of music.
The Musician must notify the Worship Leader at least three weeks in advance of a planned absence to allow for the scheduling of a substitute.